EUGEO Newsletter July 2012
Revision and update of EUGEO website
The EUGEO website (www.eugeo.org) is in the process of being updated and revised. Please consult this website for the latest information.
Registration for IGU International Geographical Congress till July 15.
Interest in IGU/IGC 2012 in Cologne is massive. Therefore, registration stops at July 15. There will be no opportunity to register on-site in Cologne.
EUGEO General Assembly, Sunday August 26, 11.30-13.00
At IGU/IGC Cologne, Universität zu Köln, room Com 02
Member societies of EUGEO are invited to send representatives to this meeting. Non-member societies are invited to attend as observers. Only representatives and observers are allowed (it is not an open meeting). Decisions will be made on EUGEO’s structure and activities for the coming years.
Please let us know who will be attending by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and consult the EUGEO website for further details and information (www.eugeo.org). Also look at the IGC website (igc2012.org) to register for this conference, registration is necessary to get access to the venue.
- Twelve members have so far announced to send representatives.
- We invite the other members and non-member Geographical Societies in Europe to also attend as representatives/observers.
- We ask members to propose candidates for Secretary General and Member of the Executive Committee.
- We ask members for bids to organize the 2014 EUGEO seminar on the State of Geography in Europe and the 2015 EUGEO congress.
EUGEO Seminar The State of Geography in Europe, Sunday August 26, 10.00-11.30, At IGU/ICG Cologne, Universität zu Köln, room Com 02
All Geographical Societies in Europe are invited to present the State of Geography in their countries of origin. These presentations will be followed by a discussion on how the societies can cooperate to strengthen their organization, serve their members and promote geography. Designing a road map how to continue working on this theme in the coming years is also aimed at.
Also, European participation in the AAG series of seminars on Geography in the World will be discussed. A new seminar is planned for the next AAG Meeting in Los Angeles, April 9-13 2013. Please let us know who will be attending and presenting as a representative of a geographical society by email (email@example.com) and consult the EUGEO website for further details and information (www.eugeo.org). This seminar is public and open for every registered person for the IGC. Also look at the IGC website (igc2012.org) to register for this conference, registration is necessary to get access to the venue.
- Nine members have so far announced to present; Please note: 1-3 page A4 handouts (Word-file) and max. 5 slide Powerpoint presentations are due before August 1, please send these two files to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We invite all other European Geographical Societies to also attend.
EUGEO 2013 Congress: Summer 2013, Rome
Soon more information about this congress will become available at the EUGEO website (www.eugeo.org) and the congress website (www.eugeo2013.com). You can already register for being kept informed by email.
Calls European Commission for expressions of interest for experts in urban and regional studies and policies
It is important that geographers will be on the list of experts. Please consider reacting:
a PDF version of this newsletter is HERE